Motherboard recomendation

I have a Biostar M7VIK right now with an Athlon XP 3000+ and two 1 gig
DDR chips in it.

I want to keep my RAM and CPU for now, but I'm looking for a better
motherboard. Preferably with SATA and Gigabit Ethernet.

The main reason I want to upgrade is because the M7VIK doesn't like
anything faster than a 3000+, or at least the last two I bought didn't.
I'm not going to upgrade the CPU now, but I want to later this summer.

Also, I replaced my 10/100 switch with a Gigabit Ethernet switch and I
want to start moving all of our computers to Gigabit Ethernet. And at
least with my computer, I don't want to add a NIC.

The dealer I usually buy parts from recommended an ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
NFORCE2 board which has both GBE and SATA. Any thoughts on this board?

Thanks!

--Dave

its a good board
"Dave Navarro" <dave@dave.dave> wrote in message
> I have a Biostar M7VIK right now with an Athlon XP 3000+ and two 1 gig
> DDR chips in it.
>
> I want to keep my RAM and CPU for now, but I'm looking for a better
> motherboard. Preferably with SATA and Gigabit Ethernet.
>
> The main reason I want to upgrade is because the M7VIK doesn't like
> anything faster than a 3000+, or at least the last two I bought didn't.
> I'm not going to upgrade the CPU now, but I want to later this summer.
>
> Also, I replaced my 10/100 switch with a Gigabit Ethernet switch and I
> want to start moving all of our computers to Gigabit Ethernet. And at
> least with my computer, I don't want to add a NIC.
>
> The dealer I usually buy parts from recommended an ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
> NFORCE2 board which has both GBE and SATA. Any thoughts on this board?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Dave

> The main reason I want to upgrade is because the M7VIK doesn't like
> anything faster than a 3000+, or at least the last two I bought didn't.
> I'm not going to upgrade the CPU now, but I want to later this summer.

As far as I know, it's the end of the line with the Athlon XP 3200+.
That's not much of an upgrade for the 3000+ you have now.

In article <30g090tv5685nts85s7tku0ha3fr5b3910@4ax.com>,
lordsnow@home.nl says...

> > The main reason I want to upgrade is because the M7VIK doesn't like
> > anything faster than a 3000+, or at least the last two I bought didn't.
> > I'm not going to upgrade the CPU now, but I want to later this summer.
>
> As far as I know, it's the end of the line with the Athlon XP 3200+.
> That's not much of an upgrade for the 3000+ you have now.

Yeah, I know, but that will work for me. I mostly want the extra boost
for video rendering. Even a small jump like that can save me 15 to 20
minutes on a 4 hour rendor job. I just can't get the 3200+ to work with
a M7VIK board.

--Dave