Intel motherboards: 865PE vs 875P chipsets???

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm a total "noob" when it comes to this, so please excuse me if this
is a stupid question.

Is there any difference between the Intel brand motherboards using the
865PE chipset and the ones using the 875P chipset? (Besides $50)

Thanks (...or sorry)!

--B

"Bob" <busyba@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm a total "noob" when it comes to this, so please excuse me if this
> is a stupid question.
>
> Is there any difference between the Intel brand motherboards using the
> 865PE chipset and the ones using the 875P chipset? (Besides $50)

Have IS7 (865PE) ... stable with 2.4C@3.36 ... that's FSB of 280! Mem is 3:2
so at 187mhz .. standard 3200 ram
I'd say the 865 is a steal

The 875 is more stable, runs ~5% faster, and usually has a few more ports
than the 865.

--
DaveW

"Bob" <busyba@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm a total "noob" when it comes to this, so please excuse me if this
> is a stupid question.
>
> Is there any difference between the Intel brand motherboards using the
> 865PE chipset and the ones using the 875P chipset? (Besides $50)
>

> Thanks (...or sorry)!
>

> --B

Nomad

I use a 865PERLL in my home system and I have a room full of 875's at
work. Both are very reliable boards.

>Is there any difference between the Intel brand motherboards using the
>865PE chipset and the ones using the 875P chipset? (Besides $50)

The meek shall NOT inherit the earth.

the only difference is the 875p boards can use ECC RAM and the 865pe boards
cant.