Mame32 v0.99u6?? Broken...games won't load now.

Has anyone else experienced Mame32 trying to load a game and immediately
going back to the Mame32 GUI after updating to 99.u5 or .99u6?

I'm trying simple games like Pole Position II and the likes...games I know
worked on 99u3 and I think 4.

I ran CMP on my Files and all are in good working order.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Mike Rodick wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced Mame32 trying to load a game and immediately
> going back to the Mame32 GUI after updating to 99.u5 or .99u6?
>
> I'm trying simple games like Pole Position II and the likes...games I know
> worked on 99u3 and I think 4.
>
> I ran CMP on my Files and all are in good working order.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Have you deleted all the custom cfg files pertaining to the games (i
dont believe you'll have to delete default.cfg though).

Let us know if that works!

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

Well I deleted all the cfg files in the cfg folder and restarted Mame32 and
it still acts like it's loading then returns to the GUI.

Perhaps its a bug on a few games only? I can open other games just
fine...but I know they all worked before the update. Guess I'll just wait
it out and see what's going on...I have v.99 installed as well and It plays
them fine.

I have no idea what might have changed.

"MCR" <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Mike Rodick wrote:
>> Has anyone else experienced Mame32 trying to load a game and immediately
>> going back to the Mame32 GUI after updating to 99.u5 or .99u6?
>>
>> I'm trying simple games like Pole Position II and the likes...games I
>> know worked on 99u3 and I think 4.
>>
>> I ran CMP on my Files and all are in good working order.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>
> Have you deleted all the custom cfg files pertaining to the games (i dont
> believe you'll have to delete default.cfg though).
>
> Let us know if that works!
>
> --
> MCR
> MAME(tm) - History In The Making
> www.pleasure-dome.org.uk

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Mike Rodick wrote:
> Well I deleted all the cfg files in the cfg folder and restarted Mame32 and
> it still acts like it's loading then returns to the GUI.
>
> Perhaps its a bug on a few games only? I can open other games just
> fine...but I know they all worked before the update. Guess I'll just wait
> it out and see what's going on...I have v.99 installed as well and It plays
> them fine.
>
> I have no idea what might have changed.

I also had this problem if MAME32 wasnt in the root of the drive. I
used to keep it in H:\Emulators\Arcade\Multiple and it would sometimes
do that, I had to re-download the exe file. After speaking here about
it, I have now re-downloaded MAME32 (or reextracted it from the archive
I dont remember) and now keep it in H:\MAME, and it works. I had to
literally install a new MAME and cut-n-paste the ROMs, samples etc from
the older folder.

Try that.

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
www.pleasure-dome.org.uk

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Mike Rodick wrote in alt.games.mame:

[Please bottom post and trim in this group]

> As it is set up right now..mame is in its own partition..E:\Mame32. Always
> has been..If I revert back to 99u4, everything works fine...must be
> something with their coding renaming or something...

Have you tried either running MAME32 from the commandline or running
command line based MAME to see if you are missing an error of some sort?

--
David
O homem é o único animal que pensa que pensa.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Check the Mame testers forum, there's some mention of this and other
u6 bugs:
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=mametesters

Troy.

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:27:08 GMT, "Mike Rodick"
<moparmaniac@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Has anyone else experienced Mame32 trying to load a game and immediately
>going back to the Mame32 GUI after updating to 99.u5 or .99u6?
>
>I'm trying simple games like Pole Position II and the likes...games I know
>worked on 99u3 and I think 4.
>
>I ran CMP on my Files and all are in good working order.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Yep..those are the same problems I'm having...

Guess I'll stick with .99u4 for now...thanks for the link to the forum...as
much as I hunt on MAME on the web, can't believe I've overlooked that
forum..

Thanks!
Mike