AMD CPU Diagnostic??

Can any one tell me where to get a diagnostic program to test all the
features of my XP 1800+ CPU? I believe AMD sells a program but it costs
more than the CPU (And I'm short of $$$ these days). The problem seems
timing related and causes very infrequent "Kernel exception not handled"
crashes. Probably a timing problem.

William W. Plummer wrote:
> Can any one tell me where to get a diagnostic program to test all the
> features of my XP 1800+ CPU? I believe AMD sells a program but it costs
> more than the CPU (And I'm short of $$$ these days).

wcpuid

> The problem seems
> timing related and causes very infrequent "Kernel exception not handled"
> crashes. Probably a timing problem.

So what does that have to do with the above?
Try testing your memory:
http://memtest86.com/

-WD

"William W. Plummer" <William.PlummerXNOSPAMX@alum.mit.edu> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:yc8kc.15403$Rd4.1080268@attbi_s51...

http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de/Be_toolssoft.htm

"Ulrich" <benchmark@austronaut.com> wrote in message

> "William W. Plummer" <William.PlummerXNOSPAMX@alum.mit.edu> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:yc8kc.15403$Rd4.1080268@attbi_s51...
> > Can any one tell me where to get a diagnostic program to test all the
> > features of my XP 1800+ CPU? I believe AMD sells a program but it
costs
> > more than the CPU (And I'm short of $$$ these days). The problem
seems
> > timing related and causes very infrequent "Kernel exception not handled"
> > crashes. Probably a timing problem.
> >
> http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de/Be_toolssoft.htm

Thanks for the link. But WCPUID just reads out some numbers such as the CPU
speed etc. I'm looking for something that will test the address map
(paging) for occasional dropped (picked) bits. A CPU instruction exerciser
would be good to have, but I believe the CPU instructions are working (I'm
not sure why I say that, ..). Several memory testers including MemTest86
don't show any problems.

What does AMD use to select "good" CPU chips before they dice the wafers?
And then what do they use after they package the CPU chips?

iamfubar

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

"Ulrich" <benchmark@austronaut.com> wrote in message

> "William W. Plummer" <William.PlummerXNOSPAMX@alum.mit.edu> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:yc8kc.15403$Rd4.1080268@attbi_s51...
> > Can any one tell me where to get a diagnostic program to test all the
> > features of my XP 1800+ CPU? I believe AMD sells a program but it
costs
> > more than the CPU (And I'm short of $$$ these days). The problem
seems
> > timing related and causes very infrequent "Kernel exception not handled"
> > crashes. Probably a timing problem.
> >
> http://www.quickbench.mynetcologne.de/Be_toolssoft.htm

Thanks for the link. But WCPUID just reads out some numbers such as the CPU
speed etc. I'm looking for something that will test the address map
(paging) for occasional dropped (picked) bits. A CPU instruction exerciser
would be good to have, but I believe the CPU instructions are working (I'm
not sure why I say that, ..). Several memory testers including MemTest86
don't show any problems.

What does AMD use to select "good" CPU chips before they dice the wafers?
And then what do they use after they package the CPU chips?

it tests entire hardware system

i had random BSOD with windows 7 for APC index mismatch
and the software which you boot PC with failed the processor
beware though the memory test could take a day even on a fast system
to make sure the program was accurate before spending on a CPU
i tried the program in a working PC and it passed it's processor
your OS does not matter since it does not run in windows

TRENDING THREADS