Digital de500 under win2k

Hello,
I've had win2k installed on a machine which uses a digital
de500 ethernet card. Win 2k misidentifies the card as being a
Cabletron de500, and (of course) that driver fails to load.
If I try to manually add the card, the os says that it has
autodetected a cabletron card /before/ it gives me any chance
to specify which card I really have. At one point I had 4 copies
of the same wrong driver failing to load at boot time. I can
uninstall these wrong drivers, but that doesn't get me a working
network connection.
Any advice, please? Thanks :)

(I know the hardware worked with win nt4 ...)
--
Surfer Melis' email address isn't exactly as shown. That's
because mostly, the ppl on usenet who care about my address

Delete the device and then add/remove hardare and add it in, if possible
choose the device yourself, do not auto detect and then choose have disk.

Or delete device and then run installation disk, then add the hardware.

Or, on the mis installed device do a device driver update and point it
manually at the correct drivers.

the_gnome

On Mon, 3 May 2004 09:52:24 UTC, "the gnome" <the gnome@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Delete the device and then add/remove hardare and add it in, if possible
> choose the device yourself, do not auto detect and then choose have disk.

I'd like to choose the device myself, but win2k won't let me.

> Or delete device and then run installation disk, then add the hardware.

There's no installation program to run.

> Or, on the mis installed device do a device driver update and point it
> manually at the correct drivers.
>
> the_gnome

The win2k driver situation for the de500, is that the card was
listed in the HCL as being supported by the drivers that ship with
the os. The card is dec 21043 based, so it's pretty standard these
days (even though dec was bought out). As far as I know, those drivers
are maybe the only win2k driver available for the card. There is the sw
that dec distributed, the newest thing it included was nt drivers.
How do I tell the os that it should do a driver update, when it's
already got the only driver around?

--
Surfer Melis' email address isn't exactly as shown. That's
because mostly, the ppl on usenet who care about my address
are the ones who aren't too interested in my well-being ...

TRENDING THREADS