Sign in with
Your question

Overdrive problems 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
February 27, 2011 1:35:23 PM

Hello, I am running Windows 7 on my computer and have downloaded overdrive and the updates. When I try to download an audio book to my computer, It still gives me this error message: The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computer system information to see whether you need x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publishe

More about : overdrive problems bit

a c 243 $ Windows 7
February 28, 2011 2:46:53 PM

What audio book program are you trying to use? This should have nothing to do with Overdrive (I assume you mean AMD's Overdrive program)? Please clarify.
m
l
July 31, 2011 11:58:04 PM

I am having the same problem. Every time I try to download an OverDrive WMA Audiobook (146200 kb) I receive a message saying

"the program or feature"\??\C:\\Windows\Installer|{D4A.......exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."

But the program is already supposed to be 64 bit compatible so I don't know what to do.
m
l
!