magazines on homebuilt/desktops

Other than PC Upgrade and Maximum PC, are there any other magazines
that review desktops and talk about hardware tweaking, overclocking,
etc.?

- JB
6 answers Last reply
More about magazines homebuilt desktops

    "JB" <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Other than PC Upgrade and Maximum PC, are there any other magazines
    > that review desktops and talk about hardware tweaking, overclocking,
    > etc.?
    >
    > - JB

    CPU!!! Awesome mag. Only one I subscribe to. Lots of reviews on hardware,
    tips on hardware tweaking and overclocking, and humorous writers
    (entertaining). I've seen it in Wal-mart, but it's usually sold out.
    You'll probably have to go to a large book store to find a hard copy in the
    offline world. -Dave

    http://www.computerpoweruser.com/

    The Magazine CPU Computer Power User comes to mind. I have looked at
    it a time or two. Another magazine was Computer Shopper. PCWorld has
    a website that might help:

    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/pguide/0,p,desktops,pgid,30,00.asp

    I do not think computer shopper has a website that they run. However
    the CPU magazine runs its own website.

    http://www.computerpoweruser.com/editorial/HWCategory.asp?catid=1048&guid=F120679C138B490E842CFAEF2FF1CEEA

    >Other than PC Upgrade and Maximum PC, are there any other magazines
    >that review desktops and talk about hardware tweaking, overclocking,
    >etc.?
    >
    >- JB

    >>Other than PC Upgrade and Maximum PC, are there any other magazines
    >>that review desktops and talk about hardware tweaking, overclocking,
    >>etc.?

    PC Modder was on the shelf at the local Barnes & Noble.
    $9.95 U.S. for a quarterly issue, mostly info and few ads.
    That probably explains at least part of the price.

    The only thing in it I didn't see were real tangible
    percentage gains from each of the things they talked about.

    "Don Taylor" <dont@agora.rdrop.com> wrote in message
    > PC Modder was on the shelf at the local Barnes & Noble.
    > $9.95 U.S. for a quarterly issue, mostly info and few ads.
    > That probably explains at least part of the price.
    >
    > The only thing in it I didn't see were real tangible
    > percentage gains from each of the things they talked about.

    That's published by CPU. While I don't recommend PC Modder, I DO recommend
    CPU. -Dave

    dont@agora.rdrop.com (Don Taylor) astounded us with:

    >>>Other than PC Upgrade and Maximum PC, are there any other magazines
    >>>that review desktops and talk about hardware tweaking, overclocking,
    >>>etc.?
    >
    > PC Modder was on the shelf at the local Barnes & Noble.
    > $9.95 U.S. for a quarterly issue, mostly info and few ads.
    > That probably explains at least part of the price.
    >
    > The only thing in it I didn't see were real tangible
    > percentage gains from each of the things they talked about.

    <Piggybacking>

    www.atomicmpc.com.au
    They do subscriptions, been a subscriber since issue 2...

    --
    Gene P

    On Sat, 8 May 2004 16:21:41 -0400, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

    >"Don Taylor" <dont@agora.rdrop.com> wrote in message
    >> PC Modder was on the shelf at the local Barnes & Noble.
    >> $9.95 U.S. for a quarterly issue, mostly info and few ads.
    >> That probably explains at least part of the price.
    >>
    >> The only thing in it I didn't see were real tangible
    >> percentage gains from each of the things they talked about.
    >
    >That's published by CPU. While I don't recommend PC Modder, I DO recommend
    >CPU. -Dave

    PC Modder was a special issue of CPU magazine...that is why it was
    priced at $10.00... you can not subscribe to PC Modder...you can
    subscribe to CPU magazine...
    Regards,
    Glenn M

    A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM...Pink Floyd

Homebuilt Hardware Desktops Systems Product