Sign in with
Your question

Office 365 goes to publi beta - what do you think?

Last response: in Business Computing
April 18, 2011 10:51:14 PM

Early today Microsoft announced it's Office 365 has gone to a public beta. That means the rest of us can now sign-up to use it, learn it and in the case of computer guys - resell it!

So what do you think about it at this early date - friend or foe?

cheers...harrybbbb
Harry Brelsford, CEO SMB Nation
www.smbnation.com

Join me at my SMb Naiton Spring event in Toronto, June 10-11

More about : office 365 publi beta

April 19, 2011 2:27:40 AM

Hiya Harry!

Chris Angelini here--good to see you're still doing well! I haven't had the chance to mess with the latest SBS, but I'll likely put some time into it over the summer.

Sorry to thread-hijack ;-)
Best,
Chris
April 19, 2011 2:44:32 AM

Chris - gerat to hear from you - let's talk - I'll reach out to you offline or you can reach me at harryb@smbnation.com

cangelini said:
Hiya Harry!

Chris Angelini here--good to see you're still doing well! I haven't had the chance to mess with the latest SBS, but I'll likely put some time into it over the summer.

Sorry to thread-hijack ;-)
Best,
Chris

Related resources
April 19, 2011 2:26:43 PM

Well not sure what you mean by resell it? Everyone is able to do the beta, but after it goes live the beta turns into a 30 day trial.

Think i will pass. Google docs has been more then adequate for anything we have used. We only use company laptops so they all have office installed already.

It might be useful to some, but i think the long term cost is a turn off.
April 19, 2011 3:38:44 PM

Thanks for pitching in - in my SBS world, the Office 365 pricing is very attractive as an operating expense at <$10/month compared to the on-premises Office SKU.

Can you peel back the cover one more layer to educate me on your world (I say the pengiun :) 

thanks man...harrybbbb

c911darkwolf said:
Well not sure what you mean by resell it? Everyone is able to do the beta, but after it goes live the beta turns into a 30 day trial.

Think i will pass. Google docs has been more then adequate for anything we have used. We only use company laptops so they all have office installed already.

It might be useful to some, but i think the long term cost is a turn off.

April 22, 2011 10:35:34 AM

harrybrelsford said:
Early today Microsoft announced it's Office 365 has gone to a public beta. That means the rest of us can now sign-up to use it, learn it and in the case of computer guys - resell it!

So what do you think about it at this early date - friend or foe?

cheers...harrybbbb
Harry Brelsford, CEO SMB Nation
www.smbnation.com

Join me at my SMb Naiton Spring event in Toronto, June 10-11

I took the training for it and it's pretty damn cool.

Compare the pros to the cons of not having to have on premise server hardware, maintenance, perf upkeep, updates, etc. Can't lose. Cheaper too.

I'd say sign up and have at it... but I am biased from my point of view. :) 

Sincerely,
Brennan P. Johnson VIII, Esq.
Unified Communications
Microsoft
twitter.com/geekbeak
April 26, 2011 3:55:31 PM

@Brennan Love the twitter handle! Racey for a blue badge.
@jacknaylorPE I will go check this out.
!