Split Wire Loom

Si

Does anyone know where I can get some split wire loom in the UK? Just in
case you don't know what I'm on about, split wire loom is a flexible
corrugate tube with a split down one side so you can put cables inside. I'm
preferably looking for yellow tubing.

Cheers.

Si

"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can get some split wire loom in the UK? Just in
> case you don't know what I'm on about, split wire loom is a flexible
> corrugate tube with a split down one side so you can put cables inside.
I'm
> preferably looking for yellow tubing.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si

Go to www.google.com enter 'yellow "split loom" uk' (without the single
quotes of course but with the double quotes), hit enter, and take your pick.
I saw at least two vendors in the UK who claim to have it in stock. As
always, Google is your friend.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003

"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can get some split wire loom in the UK? Just in
> case you don't know what I'm on about, split wire loom is a flexible
> corrugate tube with a split down one side so you can put cables inside.
I'm
> preferably looking for yellow tubing.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Si

Braid is more work but nicer when finished.

Si

I did buy some braid but I would need to remove the molex plugs in order to
fit it and I not too confident in being able to do it properly.

Cheers.

Si

"BUFF" <NOSPAM@HERE.COM> wrote in message

> "Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know where I can get some split wire loom in the UK? Just in
> > case you don't know what I'm on about, split wire loom is a flexible
> > corrugate tube with a split down one side so you can put cables inside.
> I'm
> > preferably looking for yellow tubing.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Si
> >

> Braid is more work but nicer when finished.

Si

Hey John,

Google doesn't seem to be my friend because I couldn't find any vendors in
the UK that have it. I'll try again.

Cheers.

Si

Si wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> Google doesn't seem to be my friend because I couldn't find any vendors in
> the UK that have it. I'll try again.

Try site:.uk after your search terms.

"sooky grumper" <sookygrumper@fishies_.com> wrote in message
> Si wrote:
> > Hey John,
> >
> > Google doesn't seem to be my friend because I couldn't find any vendors
in
> > the UK that have it. I'll try again.
>
> Try site:.uk after your search terms.
>

> > Cheers.
> >
> > Si
> >
> > "John McGaw" <nowhere@at.all> wrote in message
> >
> >>"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> >>I'm

> >>Go to www.google.com enter 'yellow "split loom" uk' (without the single
> >>quotes of course but with the double quotes), hit enter, and take your
> >
> > pick.
> >
> >>I saw at least two vendors in the UK who claim to have it in stock. As
> >>always, Google is your friend.
> >>--
> >>John McGaw
> >>[Knoxville, TN, USA]
> >>http://johnmcgaw.com

Adding site:.uk to the search shouldn't really be necessary since the search
term I used contained 'uk' but it probably would be more effective now that
you mention it. At lease one result from my original search that I checked
at http://store.over-clock.com/Split_Loom.html was good and I suspect that
there are others but I'm too lazy to go looking.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Si

Thanks for that John but they are out of stock. I'll keep searching.

On Wed, 5 May 2004 16:46:52 +0100, "Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can get some split wire loom in the UK? Just in
>case you don't know what I'm on about, split wire loom is a flexible
>corrugate tube with a split down one side so you can put cables inside. I'm
>preferably looking for yellow tubing.
>
>Cheers.
>
>Si

Check you auto parts outlet. See the usomizing aisle for LEDs, neon,
etc.

John McGaw wrote:
> "sooky grumper" <sookygrumper@fishies_.com> wrote in message
>
>>Si wrote:
>>
>>>Hey John,
>>>
>>>Google doesn't seem to be my friend because I couldn't find any vendors
>
> in
>
>>>the UK that have it. I'll try again.
>>
>>Try site:.uk after your search terms.
>>

>>>Cheers.
>>>
>>>Si
>>>
>>>"John McGaw" <nowhere@at.all> wrote in message

> in

>>>pick.

> Adding site:.uk to the search shouldn't really be necessary since the search
> term I used contained 'uk' but it probably would be more effective now that
> you mention it. At lease one result from my original search that I checked
> at http://store.over-clock.com/Split_Loom.html was good and I suspect that
> there are others but I'm too lazy to go looking.

It's just that your search would have returned any page with UK in the
page, whereas my suggestion uses a built in google property to limit
returns to pages from UK sites. A benefit of using your method, though,
is that not all sites based in the UK are registered as .uk addresses,
instead opting for the cheaper .com addresses. However, a drawback to
your method is that only pages with the product in question, AS WELL AS
the search term UK, will be returned. in this scenario, UK must be on
the same web page as the product info, and this isn't generally the
case. Hence my recommendation to use the site: feature of google: that
way, even if UK isn't mentioned on the page, the UK site with the
product information will be picked up. Just two different ways of doing
pretty much the same thing. I'm only replying to this post for
educational purposes, as I don't disagree with you.

nightic

"Si" <si@munirs.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can get some split wire loom in the UK? Just in
> case you don't know what I'm on about, split wire loom is a flexible
> corrugate tube with a split down one side so you can put cables inside.
I'm
> preferably looking for yellow tubing.

http://cableorganizer.com/

US-based but deliver cheaply and quickly to the UK - total delivered price
usually ends up lower than buying the same product in the UK too.

HTH

An alternative is spiral cable wrap. See Radioshack.com for a picture.