Sharing printers between XP and 2000

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I cannot get my desktop computer printer using XP to work with my laptop
using 2000 professional. I can ping the 2 computers and they see each other.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I can recomend that you (on the windows XP) click START > CONTROL PANEL >
PRINTERS AND FAXES. And then right click your printer that u wish to share,
click "sharing" and then click "share this printer" and then click Apply, and
ok. OR, if it is already being shared, rename it to something simple (eg
Printer 1, Printer 2 etc.)

Then to your windows 2000 PRO and click "network neighborhood" (or network
places) and wait to see if your new shared printer appears in the list

good luck, Hope you can get everything working ok,