Lite-on Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Problem

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
May 8, 2004 3:55:15 PM

I just purchased the Lite-On SK-7260 Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
combination from Newegg. After installation, the keyboard works
perfectly, but the mouse works only part of the time. I've pushed the
connect buttons and moved the receive unit all around, but nothing
helps the performance of the mouse.

Since Lite-On has a good reputation for high quality CDRW burners, I
thought their other products would be good quality also.

Has anyone else tried this combo?

Newegg says they will only accept a return for a replacement of the
same item, but no refunds. I wonder if they are aware of the problem
with the combo, and are just dumping it at a reduced price. My first
purchase from Newegg. Could be my last.

I sent an email to Lite-On, but have had no response, yet.

BG
May 9, 2004 3:03:21 AM

On Sat, 08 May 2004 11:55:15 -0500, corfie9688@bellsouth.net tortured
a bunch of electrons for some unknown reason:

>I just purchased the Lite-On SK-7260 Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
>combination from Newegg. After installation, the keyboard works
>perfectly, but the mouse works only part of the time. I've pushed the
>connect buttons and moved the receive unit all around, but nothing
>helps the performance of the mouse.
>
>Since Lite-On has a good reputation for high quality CDRW burners, I
>thought their other products would be good quality also.
>
>Has anyone else tried this combo?
>
>Newegg says they will only accept a return for a replacement of the
>same item, but no refunds. I wonder if they are aware of the problem
>with the combo, and are just dumping it at a reduced price. My first
>purchase from Newegg. Could be my last.
>
>I sent an email to Lite-On, but have had no response, yet.
>
>BG

It looks similar to the Memorex wireless combo. It needs fresh
batteries and you have to find a good spot for the antenna part. Even
then, it's not 100% reliable.

Stephen
!