extra cd rom

Running XP Pro and 2ghz machine.

Just noticed I have two CD/DVD roms listed. I only have one a
Toshiba.
But a AXV CD SCSI drive is listed. I took it out in Device Manager
but it comes back in.
I found an extra drive listed in the Registry and deleted that and
then search for the AXV drive in the Registry and found a number of
entrees. Deleted them all but one which would not delete.
So no matter what I do the drive keeps on popping back up.

Have no idea how it got there in the first place. Have no SCSI cards.

How can I get rid of it.

"John Johnson" <change@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro and 2ghz machine.
>
> Just noticed I have two CD/DVD roms listed. I only have one a
> Toshiba.
> But a AXV CD SCSI drive is listed. I took it out in Device Manager
> but it comes back in.
> I found an extra drive listed in the Registry and deleted that and
> then search for the AXV drive in the Registry and found a number of
> entrees. Deleted them all but one which would not delete.
> So no matter what I do the drive keeps on popping back up.
>
> Have no idea how it got there in the first place. Have no SCSI cards.
>
> How can I get rid of it.

Do you have Alcohol installed, or a similar app capable of creating a
virtual drive ?
--
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty.
Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing

http://thrill.to/jockstrap

On Mon, 10 May 2004 09:45:52 GMT, "Nitro®" <nitromax@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"John Johnson" <change@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> Running XP Pro and 2ghz machine.
>>
>> Just noticed I have two CD/DVD roms listed. I only have one a
>> Toshiba.
>> But a AXV CD SCSI drive is listed. I took it out in Device Manager
>> but it comes back in.
>> I found an extra drive listed in the Registry and deleted that and
>> then search for the AXV drive in the Registry and found a number of
>> entrees. Deleted them all but one which would not delete.
>> So no matter what I do the drive keeps on popping back up.
>>
>> Have no idea how it got there in the first place. Have no SCSI cards.
>>
>> How can I get rid of it.
>>

>Do you have Alcohol installed, or a similar app capable of creating a
>virtual drive ?

Yes, thanks, makes sense now.