Changing Motherboard, Windows reinstall needed?

Hi,
My P3 733 motherboard seems shot-it only posts to the point where memory is
checked, and sometimes won't post at all, so I'm about to change it for a P4
HT chip and motherboard. Windows was already installed on the two drives and
I triple booted (Xp Pro, win 2000,Win 2000). My question is, when I change
MB, would it be best to:
a) Boot into safe mode and remove the existing drivers, then boot normally?
b) Delete the Windows directories and reinstall Windows in each boot
partition?.
c) Reinstall windows and reinstall all programs (ouch)?.
BTW, I can't simply format the drives before I Ghost them. Some partitions
are Ghosted onto DVD, but not all.
Peter Cowie

---
More about changing motherboard windows reinstall needed

    "res0r89p" <res0r89p@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My P3 733 motherboard seems shot-it only posts to the point where memory
    is
    > checked, and sometimes won't post at all, so I'm about to change it for a
    P4
    > HT chip and motherboard. Windows was already installed on the two drives
    and
    > I triple booted (Xp Pro, win 2000,Win 2000). My question is, when I change
    > MB, would it be best to:
    > a) Boot into safe mode and remove the existing drivers, then boot
    normally?
    > b) Delete the Windows directories and reinstall Windows in each boot
    > partition?.
    > c) Reinstall windows and reinstall all programs (ouch)?.
    > BTW, I can't simply format the drives before I Ghost them. Some partitions
    > are Ghosted onto DVD, but not all.
    > Peter Cowie

    FWIW, the most common cause of the symptoms you listed is a bad power
    supply. I'd hate to have you replace a motherboard and wipe out your
    multi-boot windows config just to find you still have the same problem, plus
    some new ones. :) Get yourself a seasonic or fotron power supply of about
    ~400W. If that doesn't help, you'll still want a new power supply to match
    your new motherboard anyway, so you aren't out anything. -Dave

    Hi,
    I have another power supply I can use to test it out. I may try that first.
    Are Enermax power supplies in the same league as the ones you suggested?
    Thanks.
    Peter Cowie

    > Hi,
    > I have another power supply I can use to test it out. I may try that
    first.
    > Are Enermax power supplies in the same league as the ones you suggested?
    > Thanks.
    > Peter Cowie

    No, enermax is a step down. But still should do OK. -Dave

Homebuilt Motherboards Systems