Need help installing Asus MB in Antec case.

This is my first time building my own pc so forgive me if this post sounds
naive. Here's my story. I am trying to install an Asus p4c800-e deluxe
motherboard into an antec plus1080amg case. However, when I align the
external i/o panel of the MB with the the i/o shield on the back of the
case, it does not match up. I realize that I need to replace the i/o shield
on the case with the one provided with my MB. Now comes the dumb question.
How do I get the shield off the case. The manual that came with the case
isn't very helpful. Neither is their website.
Thanks in advance for your help and I'm sure I'll be returning here for more
help.
4 answers Last reply
More about need installing asus antec case

    "ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > This is my first time building my own pc so forgive me if this post sounds
    > naive. Here's my story. I am trying to install an Asus p4c800-e deluxe
    > motherboard into an antec plus1080amg case. However, when I align the
    > external i/o panel of the MB with the the i/o shield on the back of the
    > case, it does not match up. I realize that I need to replace the i/o
    shield
    > on the case with the one provided with my MB. Now comes the dumb
    question.
    > How do I get the shield off the case. The manual that came with the case
    > isn't very helpful. Neither is their website.
    > Thanks in advance for your help and I'm sure I'll be returning here for
    more
    > help.

    Hi,

    I'm not familiar with the case you have, but the i/o shield is either held
    in with a couple of screws on the outside of the case, or is more often just
    a push fit, from the inside.
    On the push fit ones, what I usually do is give it a push from the outside,
    if that doesn't work, give it a couple of sharp taps with the blunt end of a
    screwdriver or similar.

    HTH
    SteveH
    ps. mind your fingers on the edges!

    "SteveH" <steve.hough@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > This is my first time building my own pc so forgive me if this post
    sounds
    > > naive. Here's my story. I am trying to install an Asus p4c800-e deluxe
    > > motherboard into an antec plus1080amg case. However, when I align the
    > > external i/o panel of the MB with the the i/o shield on the back of the
    > > case, it does not match up. I realize that I need to replace the i/o
    > shield
    > > on the case with the one provided with my MB. Now comes the dumb
    > question.
    > > How do I get the shield off the case. The manual that came with the
    case
    > > isn't very helpful. Neither is their website.
    > > Thanks in advance for your help and I'm sure I'll be returning here for
    > more
    > > help.
    > >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not familiar with the case you have, but the i/o shield is either held
    > in with a couple of screws on the outside of the case, or is more often
    just
    > a push fit, from the inside.
    > On the push fit ones, what I usually do is give it a push from the
    outside,
    > if that doesn't work, give it a couple of sharp taps with the blunt end of
    > screwdriver or similar.
    >
    > HTH
    > SteveH
    > ps. mind your fingers on the edges!

    Thanks for the quick response. Giving it a good bang did knock it out of
    position.
    Once again thanks for your help.

    The escuchteon (sp) is the metal plate you're referring to and it pops out
    using a little force toward the interior of the case.

    --
    DaveW

    "ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > This is my first time building my own pc so forgive me if this post sounds
    > naive. Here's my story. I am trying to install an Asus p4c800-e deluxe
    > motherboard into an antec plus1080amg case. However, when I align the
    > external i/o panel of the MB with the the i/o shield on the back of the
    > case, it does not match up. I realize that I need to replace the i/o
    shield
    > on the case with the one provided with my MB. Now comes the dumb
    question.
    > How do I get the shield off the case. The manual that came with the case
    > isn't very helpful. Neither is their website.
    > Thanks in advance for your help and I'm sure I'll be returning here for
    more
    > help.

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 21:23:29 GMT
    "ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote:

    I used a sceew driver and a pair of needle nose pliers ..............
    don't worry about mucking it up ... you won't need it any way.

    unrelated:

    Be sure to buy a color LED case fan ... 80mm for the side mount.
    Gives the case a nice finishing touch.

    >This is my first time building my own pc so forgive me if this post sounds
    >naive. Here's my story. I am trying to install an Asus p4c800-e deluxe
    >motherboard into an antec plus1080amg case. However, when I align the
    >external i/o panel of the MB with the the i/o shield on the back of the
    >case, it does not match up. I realize that I need to replace the i/o shield
    >on the case with the one provided with my MB. Now comes the dumb question.
    >How do I get the shield off the case. The manual that came with the case
    >isn't very helpful. Neither is their website.
    >Thanks in advance for your help and I'm sure I'll be returning here for more
    >help.

    warJack
    -= bye =-

Homebuilt Asus Cases Antec Systems