Problem installing chipset driver for D865PERL Motherboard

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Hardware
  • Chipsets
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 1:03:21 AM

Hello,
I just recently built my own system and I was trying to install my
chipset drivers with the Intel Express Installer CD, but the process
failed. I then went on and checked the readme file for
troubleshooting info. I went ahead and installed Service Pack 1 on
my XP Pro OS. This still didn't resolve the issue of the installer
failing. I then proceeded to check Intel's website and I downloaded
the latest driver for that chipset. This still did not work. Now, I
need to get this installed so I can get my AGP video card up and
running. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?

Matt

==============

More about : problem installing chipset driver d865perl motherboard

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 1:03:25 PM

Yeah, I have already tried that. Went ahead and tried again. The
installation fails at the same point. Using the Intel Express CD
installer to install the chipset driver, it fails at about 23%, but
it doesn't do this consistently. When I try to install from the
setup file for just the driver (the one from Intel's website), it
consistently stops at 15% and closes the program. Do you think if I
switched back to 98 on this computer, installed the chipset driver
and then upgraded to XP if that would work?
Thanks,
Matt

==============
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 3:05:38 PM

"Gott" <mniemerg@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I just recently built my own system and I was trying to install my
> chipset drivers with the Intel Express Installer CD, but the process
> failed. I then went on and checked the readme file for
> troubleshooting info. I went ahead and installed Service Pack 1 on
> my XP Pro OS. This still didn't resolve the issue of the installer
> failing. I then proceeded to check Intel's website and I downloaded
> the latest driver for that chipset. This still did not work. Now, I
> need to get this installed so I can get my AGP video card up and
> running. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next?
>
> Matt
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.

Try it in safe mode.
--
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty.
Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing

http://thrill.to/jockstrap
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 9:04:50 PM

I figured out the problem. I put the video card into a different PC
and it didn't worked. Put the same type of video card into my
machine and it worked just fine. Sent it back in, hopefully I get my
replacement in by the middle of next week... I'm waiting.