Asus A7V8X-X Motherboard Help

I have just installed an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard and an Athlon 2500XP
processor.
When I first started the pc up and it goes to bios settings, it shows CPU
Speed 1467 MHz and CPU Frequency Multiple x 11.
Should this not show that CPU Speed as 2500 Mhz.
How do I rectify this as I cant find anything in the book on how to change
this.
TIA

The correct clock speed is 1833mHz.
You didn't mention what memory have installed.
If you goto the BIOS 'Advanced Menu' you can kick up the External Frequency
to 166mHz if you have PC 2700 memory.
That gives you 166*11=1827mHz.
JPS

"BIGEYE" <Securitypatch@µsoft.is.invalid> wrote in message
> I have just installed an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard and an Athlon 2500XP
> processor.
> When I first started the pc up and it goes to bios settings, it shows CPU
> Speed 1467 MHz and CPU Frequency Multiple x 11.
> Should this not show that CPU Speed as 2500 Mhz.
> How do I rectify this as I cant find anything in the book on how to change
> this.
> TIA

Thanks to all. Problem solved with your help.