Is it possible for an Epson C42UX to print in black withou..

I know that it should have two cartridges with ink installed in
it. I thought there was still juice in the color cartridge so I just
bought a black one today. An Epson one, not generic.

Apparently the printer's still unhappy with only one new and
full cartridge in it (yes, the ink monitor sees the black ink) and
still won't print. I changed the settings to black only but that
doesn't seem to cut it.

Any quick tips? I've searched through the settings but I can't
figure anything else out.

Thanks a million!
Mike

Michael Mason wrote:

> Any quick tips? I've searched through the settings but I can't
> figure anything else out.

Afaik Epsons work only if all cartridges are inside and have ink. You
can use empty cartridge if you used SSC Service Utility earlier and
frozen ink indicator. You can also use chip resetter but both
cartridges have to be physically inside.

--
# Lukasz Ledochowski
# GG:503647