MBM5 vs. Sandra

Why (excuse the fahrenheit) does Sandra report my CPU at 96.8, and MBM5
reports it at 123.

I'm inclined to believe Sandra, because MBM claims it's 105 case temp. It's
not any hotter in the house than it's ever been. (I keep it between 82 and
85f.

Before I changed motherboards the case temp never got over 98.

When I first got it back together, the BIOS reported it at 61c. I was
shocked and appalled. I pulled the heat sink and redid the thermal paste.

jaster

On Sat, 15 May 2004 22:58:27 +0000, TFM® while doing time wrote:

> Why (excuse the fahrenheit) does Sandra report my CPU at 96.8, and MBM5
> reports it at 123.
>
> I'm inclined to believe Sandra, because MBM claims it's 105 case temp. It's
> not any hotter in the house than it's ever been. (I keep it between 82 and
> 85f.
>
> Before I changed motherboards the case temp never got over 98.
>
> When I first got it back together, the BIOS reported it at 61c. I was
> shocked and appalled. I pulled the heat sink and redid the thermal paste.

Maybe you need to check the sensors you are using with MBM5. I rate
my cpu temps to bios as most reliable followed by Sandra then MBM5.