Can I fit 2 sound cards and use both at the same time in XP?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
May 16, 2004 1:36:52 PM

well not exactly at the same time, but use 1 card for 1 program then perhaps
select
the other card in the 'Sound & audio devices' for a different program?

More about : fit sound cards time

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 16, 2004 8:46:44 PM

Yes. If you're using a modern Windows OS, just create two hardware profiles
and switch as necessary.

"TyQuAnDo" <fedup@thebar.com> wrote in message
> well not exactly at the same time, but use 1 card for 1 program then
perhaps
> select
> the other card in the 'Sound & audio devices' for a different program?

May 23, 2004 1:59:07 AM

Windows use to have hardware profiles. The idea is to have 2
completly different hardware profiles. The thing is you probably
couldnt install 2 sound cards at the same time. There might be a way
to install both and just go to the control panel and disable the one
you are using and enable the other one. This is not a normal thing so
all the sound card drivers are designed to use the same resources and
IRQ's.

!