Can I fit 2 sound cards and use both at the same time in XP?

well not exactly at the same time, but use 1 card for 1 program then perhaps
select
the other card in the 'Sound & audio devices' for a different program?
2 answers Last reply
More about sound cards time

    Yes. If you're using a modern Windows OS, just create two hardware profiles
    and switch as necessary.

    "TyQuAnDo" <fedup@thebar.com> wrote in message
    > well not exactly at the same time, but use 1 card for 1 program then
    perhaps
    > select
    > the other card in the 'Sound & audio devices' for a different program?

    Windows use to have hardware profiles. The idea is to have 2
    completly different hardware profiles. The thing is you probably
    couldnt install 2 sound cards at the same time. There might be a way
    to install both and just go to the control panel and disable the one
    you are using and enable the other one. This is not a normal thing so
    all the sound card drivers are designed to use the same resources and
    IRQ's.

    >well not exactly at the same time, but use 1 card for 1 program then perhaps
    >select
    >the other card in the 'Sound & audio devices' for a different program?

Homebuilt Sound Cards Windows XP Systems