Compal TS30T HDD

At bootup my Compal TS30T laptop does not recognise the Hard Drive.
When I try to reinstall Windows I get the message at setup - the
computer does not have a hard disk, hard disk not functioning
properly, or hard disk requires a special driver. Help please.

==============

On 16 May 2004 11:04:38 -0400, imyoung@talk21-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
(Iain) wrote:

>At bootup my Compal TS30T laptop does not recognise the Hard Drive.
>When I try to reinstall Windows I get the message at setup - the
>computer does not have a hard disk, hard disk not functioning
>properly, or hard disk requires a special driver. Help please.

>Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

Does the HDD work elsewhere? Do other OSes and BIOS recognize the
drive ?

No. In the BIOS against Hard Disk it reads None