little help with "default input layout" in mame32

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2005 8:16:29 PM

Just a quick question.

What changes when you change the default layout from standard to say
slikstik or Xarcade ???

I'm guessing it changes the keys for things like robotron and others...
does anyone have a good idea ? I built a mame cab and setup the panel
similar to a slikstik... just want to use MAME32 to pick the best
configuration I can.

Thanks for any help!

Jim
September 6, 2005 3:37:24 AM

DefJam wrote:
> Just a quick question.
>
> What changes when you change the default layout from standard to say
> slikstik or Xarcade ???
>
> I'm guessing it changes the keys for things like robotron and others...
> does anyone have a good idea ? I built a mame cab and setup the panel
> similar to a slikstik... just want to use MAME32 to pick the best
> configuration I can.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Jim

As far as I know the profile 'slikstik' for example, just sets the
buttons etc to the relevent buttons on the slikstik. Your best bet is
just to set the default profile to your specific setup.

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making