SATA Hard Drives

I am surrently running a Soyo MOBO:SOYO "SY-KT600 DRAGON PLUS V1.0" KT600
with an IDE Hard-Disk: Question is can I run both SATA and IDE Hard Disks
at the same time on this mobo?
What I was thinking of doing is to eventually upgrade to s SATA drive but I
will need access to Primary IDE Hard Drive so that I can transfer my files;
ie, I will reload the O/S on to the new drive, boot from there and then
transfer my files over to the new HD

In news:Xns94ED2CA027A95amd@127.0.0.1,
davegood <amdbny.slqrifd@verizon.net> typed:
> I am surrently running a Soyo MOBO:SOYO "SY-KT600 DRAGON PLUS V1.0"
> KT600 with an IDE Hard-Disk: Question is can I run both SATA and IDE
> Hard Disks at the same time on this mobo?
> What I was thinking of doing is to eventually upgrade to s SATA drive
> but I will need access to Primary IDE Hard Drive so that I can
> transfer my files; ie, I will reload the O/S on to the new drive,
> boot from there and then transfer my files over to the new HD

I'm not aquainted with that board, but if it has SATA connectors of course
you can use SATA and IDE HD's. I'm using an Intel now with a SATA with the
OS on it and an IDE HD as a backup drive and it works fine. Installing WinXP
on the SATA drive *can* be a little tricky but you just have to remember to
install the drivers that are necessary for the SATA HD.

....Allen