CPU Temp Readings

Temp reading on a AMD Athlon XP 2500 using Sandra 2004 show as 30c but when
I check the bios it shows at 54c. how reliable are the Sandra readings? I
believe Sandra gets it's reading directly from the bios is this right?

Thanks in advance,

ST
4 answers Last reply
More about temp readings

    ST wrote:
    > Temp reading on a AMD Athlon XP 2500 using Sandra 2004 show as 30c but when
    > I check the bios it shows at 54c. how reliable are the Sandra readings? I
    > believe Sandra gets it's reading directly from the bios is this right?

    Sandra's probably reading the wrong sensor. Trust the BIOS.

    -WD

    Thanks, so is 54c O.K?., when I'm reading that temp system is not running
    any large app's or games??

    ST

    ST wrote:

    > Thanks, so is 54c O.K?., when I'm reading that temp system is not running
    > any large app's or games??

    54C is reasonable. If you want a second opinion, try MBM5. It'll let
    you choose the correct sensor. As long as it stays under 70C during
    heavy load it should be OK.

    -WD

    Thanks WD your input is much appreciated and I will check out MBM5.

    > ST wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks, so is 54c O.K?., when I'm reading that temp system is not
    running
    > > any large app's or games??
    >
    > 54C is reasonable. If you want a second opinion, try MBM5. It'll let
    > you choose the correct sensor. As long as it stays under 70C during
    > heavy load it should be OK.
    >

    > -WD

Homebuilt BIOS CPUs Systems