CPU Temp Readings

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 18, 2004 8:00:22 PM

Temp reading on a AMD Athlon XP 2500 using Sandra 2004 show as 30c but when
I check the bios it shows at 54c. how reliable are the Sandra readings? I
believe Sandra gets it's reading directly from the bios is this right?

Thanks in advance,

ST

More about : cpu temp readings

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2004 8:50:12 PM

ST wrote:
> Temp reading on a AMD Athlon XP 2500 using Sandra 2004 show as 30c but when
> I check the bios it shows at 54c. how reliable are the Sandra readings? I
> believe Sandra gets it's reading directly from the bios is this right?

Sandra's probably reading the wrong sensor. Trust the BIOS.

-WD
May 18, 2004 10:30:29 PM

Thanks, so is 54c O.K?., when I'm reading that temp system is not running
any large app's or games??

ST
"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> ST wrote:
> > Temp reading on a AMD Athlon XP 2500 using Sandra 2004 show as 30c but
when
> > I check the bios it shows at 54c. how reliable are the Sandra
readings? I
> > believe Sandra gets it's reading directly from the bios is this right?
>
> Sandra's probably reading the wrong sensor. Trust the BIOS.
>

> -WD
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2004 10:44:05 PM

ST wrote:

> Thanks, so is 54c O.K?., when I'm reading that temp system is not running
> any large app's or games??

54C is reasonable. If you want a second opinion, try MBM5. It'll let
you choose the correct sensor. As long as it stays under 70C during
heavy load it should be OK.

-WD
May 19, 2004 1:08:07 AM

Thanks WD your input is much appreciated and I will check out MBM5.

!