One router for wired and wireless

Have a wireless router already. Working well.
At one end of my house the signal strength is quite low.
Is it possible to connect another device to my wireless network by using
wire - Ethernet?
When my phone line wire was installed, it had 3 possible 'lines' rolled
into one - I guess line 1, line 2, line 3. Is it possible to use, say,
line 3 and hook a device to my wireless router or will I need a special
type line?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Old Guy" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Have a wireless router already. Working well.
> At one end of my house the signal strength is quite low.
> Is it possible to connect another device to my wireless network by using
> wire - Ethernet?
> When my phone line wire was installed, it had 3 possible 'lines' rolled
> into one - I guess line 1, line 2, line 3. Is it possible to use, say,
> line 3 and hook a device to my wireless router or will I need a special
> type line?

For Ethernet you need UTP cable.
You can buy a so called repeater for your WLAN.
You also could try a stronger antenna for the AP and/or wireless nic..

Grtz,
-r-o-e-v-k-a-

TRENDING THREADS