Intel MB?

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

I have a Intel MB with E210882 etched near the northbridge. I would
like to find some documentation to see if it is worth rescueing for a
donation to someone. There is one stick of RIMM (128 MB) but no CPU.
The only thing I find with Google is certificate documentation which
isn't of much use.

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.

jad

Possibly its a D845WN ?

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845wn/

On Sat, 22 May 2004 07:58:22 -0700, "JAD" <jde> wrote:

>,;Possibly its a D845WN ?

I had looked at that one but the D845WN has 6 PCI slots and 3 memory
slots this board has 5 PCI slots and 4 memory slots.

The board I have has the following:

5 PCI slots
1 AGP slot

4 memory slots arranged in what looks like 2 banks of 2. Two slots
together with five electrolytic caps between two more memory slots.

4 USB ports. Two together on one can & another can with two USBs and a
J45 port.

One serial port and one LPT port.

The battery is right up tight to the edge of the board on the same
edge as the IDE and floppy connectors.

I think there are two power connectors one 20 pin and another 4 pin.

I did find "N232" on the board and when I search that on Intel's web
page I get six documents related to servers?

Also there is a barcode with the following:

AZMV32600675 AA AB7987-603

This is supposed to ID the board but I can't find a reference to that
number. That fourth letter could be a "U" instead of a "V"

Unknown wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2004 07:58:22 -0700, "JAD" <jde> wrote:
>
> >,;Possibly its a D845WN ?
>
> I had looked at that one but the D845WN has 6 PCI slots and 3 memory
> slots this board has 5 PCI slots and 4 memory slots.
>
> The board I have has the following:
>
> 5 PCI slots
> 1 AGP slot
>
> 4 memory slots arranged in what looks like 2 banks of 2. Two slots
> together with five electrolytic caps between two more memory slots.
>
> 4 USB ports. Two together on one can & another can with two USBs and a
> J45 port.
>
> One serial port and one LPT port.
>
> The battery is right up tight to the edge of the board on the same
> edge as the IDE and floppy connectors.
>
> I think there are two power connectors one 20 pin and another 4 pin.
>
> I did find "N232" on the board and when I search that on Intel's web
> page I get six documents related to servers?
>
> Also there is a barcode with the following:
>
> AZMV32600675 AA AB7987-603
>
> This is supposed to ID the board but I can't find a reference to that
> number. That fourth letter could be a "U" instead of a "V"
>
> >,;
> >,;http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845wn/
> >,;
> >,;"Unknown" <dwilkins@unitelc.com> wrote in message
> >,;news:ssaua0hgs79mmik4ri5b466kbh2l56l6a6@4ax.com...
> >,;>
> >,;> I have a Intel MB with E210882 etched near the northbridge. I would
> >,;> like to find some documentation to see if it is worth rescueing for
> >,;a
> >,;> donation to someone. There is one stick of RIMM (128 MB) but no CPU.
> >,;> The only thing I find with Google is certificate documentation which
> >,;> isn't of much use.
> >,;>
> >,;> Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.
> >,;

..

This appears to be an OEM version (Gateway, Dell, etc.) of either the D850MV
or D850EMV2. The D850MV uses the 850 chipset and supports 400 MHz FSB
Pentium 4 processors. The D850EMV2 uses the 850E chipset which added support
for 533 MHz FSB Pentium 4 processors. Is the AA number "AB7987-603" or
A87987-603? I believe you may the D850EMV2.

The board won't work with only one RIMM. On this board, RIMMs need to be
installed in matching pairs. And, RIMM sockets can't be left empty. If
memory isn't installed in the other pair of sockets, they must be filled with
CRIMMs (Continuity RIMMs).

On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:58:09 -0500, Unknown <dwilkins@unitelc.com>
wrote:

| AZMV32600675 AA AB7987-603
|
| This is supposed to ID the board but I can't find a reference to that
| number. That fourth letter could be a "U" instead of a "V"

Suggest you contact Intel Support and give them AA AB7987-603. They
should be able to ID the board with that info.

Larc

Charles

This is probably the Intel chipset numbers off of the north or south
bridge. I recommend gong to the Intel website and putting this in a
search box. This will limit the number of motherboard possibilites.
Normally if you have one of the bridge chip numbers this severely
limits the possibilies of the specific models and what processors will
work with that motherboard.

You know this is a Intel motherboard because that is all Intel Makes.
The fact that it has RIMM means you can identify the speed of the
memory. Another factor is whether it has one or two channels of
memory banks. You might also determine if this is a socket 370, a P4
or a slot processor motherboard. Intel motherboards are rather plain
to look at.

On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:21:19 GMT, "steven67@"
<steven67@REMOVE_THISmindspring.com> wrote:

> [...]
>,;> >,;> Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.
>,;> >,;
>,;
>,;.
>,;
>,;
>,;This appears to be an OEM version (Gateway, Dell, etc.) of either the D850MV
>,;or D850EMV2. The D850MV uses the 850 chipset and supports 400 MHz FSB
>,;Pentium 4 processors. The D850EMV2 uses the 850E chipset which added support
>,;for 533 MHz FSB Pentium 4 processors. Is the AA number "AB7987-603" or
>,;A87987-603? I believe you may the D850EMV2.
>,;
>,;The board won't work with only one RIMM. On this board, RIMMs need to be
>,;installed in matching pairs. And, RIMM sockets can't be left empty. If
>,;memory isn't installed in the other pair of sockets, they must be filled with
Could be A87987-603. These old eyes need a lense replacement.

I think you are correct on the D850EMV2. I looked at a few reviews for
that board. The pictures and descriptions look correct.

I was aware of the necessity to fill both banks.

Many thanks for the ID. Now I have to decide if it is worth putting
together.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:58:47 -0500, Charles
<LastBoyScout@whitehouse.gov> wrote:

>,;This is probably the Intel chipset numbers off of the north or south
>,;bridge. I recommend gong to the Intel website and putting this in a
>,;search box. This will limit the number of motherboard possibilites.
>,;Normally if you have one of the bridge chip numbers this severely
>,;limits the possibilies of the specific models and what processors will
>,;work with that motherboard.

The A87987-603 is supposed to ID the board but I get no reference to
it on the Intel web page. However, I am pretty well convinced that the
board is a D850EMV2. Also it appears that it may be worth resurrecting
as I have most of the necessary parts and it will provide someone with
a cheap or free computer depending on what I need to purchase.

I wonder if some tried to build this with only one stick of RIMM. The
fellow that gave it to me kept the CPU but let the memory go with the
board.

>,;
>,;You know this is a Intel motherboard because that is all Intel Makes.
>,;The fact that it has RIMM means you can identify the speed of the
>,;memory. Another factor is whether it has one or two channels of
>,;memory banks. You might also determine if this is a socket 370, a P4
>,;or a slot processor motherboard. Intel motherboards are rather plain
>,;to look at.

Definitely two banks of RIMM and it is a 378 socket.