Visual Process Kill

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002

Is there anything like that for Windows 2000/XP.
In Gnome for Linux there is a utility where you simply move a cursor over
the process you want to terminate and it kills it for you. I'm looking for
somethig similar for my WinXP box.

Thank You

asdf wrote:

> Is there anything like that for Windows 2000/XP.
> In Gnome for Linux there is a utility where you simply move a cursor over
> the process you want to terminate and it kills it for you. I'm looking for
> somethig similar for my WinXP box.

What's wrong with the built-in task manager?

-WD

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002

sometimes it takes a while for task manager to start if there is a runaway
process that takes away 100% of cpu time. Also sometimes it doesn't work
right away. For example right now i have spybot that has crashed. I tried to
close it with task manager for the last 30 minutes but it's still there. the
only way to close it is probably having to logoff. But under gnome I
remember that visual utility would close the process immediatelly.

Thanks for replying.

asdf wrote:

> sometimes it takes a while for task manager to start if there is a runaway
> process that takes away 100% of cpu time. Also sometimes it doesn't work
> right away. For example right now i have spybot that has crashed. I tried to
> close it with task manager for the last 30 minutes but it's still there. the
> only way to close it is probably having to logoff. But under gnome I
> remember that visual utility would close the process immediatelly.

It's got no GUI, but pstools works well:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

-WD