Visual Process Kill

Is there anything like that for Windows 2000/XP.
In Gnome for Linux there is a utility where you simply move a cursor over
the process you want to terminate and it kills it for you. I'm looking for
somethig similar for my WinXP box.

Thank You
3 answers Last reply
More about visual process kill

    asdf wrote:

    > Is there anything like that for Windows 2000/XP.
    > In Gnome for Linux there is a utility where you simply move a cursor over
    > the process you want to terminate and it kills it for you. I'm looking for
    > somethig similar for my WinXP box.

    What's wrong with the built-in task manager?

    -WD

    sometimes it takes a while for task manager to start if there is a runaway
    process that takes away 100% of cpu time. Also sometimes it doesn't work
    right away. For example right now i have spybot that has crashed. I tried to
    close it with task manager for the last 30 minutes but it's still there. the
    only way to close it is probably having to logoff. But under gnome I
    remember that visual utility would close the process immediatelly.

    Thanks for replying.

    asdf wrote:

    > sometimes it takes a while for task manager to start if there is a runaway
    > process that takes away 100% of cpu time. Also sometimes it doesn't work
    > right away. For example right now i have spybot that has crashed. I tried to
    > close it with task manager for the last 30 minutes but it's still there. the
    > only way to close it is probably having to logoff. But under gnome I
    > remember that visual utility would close the process immediatelly.

    It's got no GUI, but pstools works well:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

    -WD

Homebuilt Systems