No Status Monitor for Epson printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 31, 2004 6:29:02 PM

My Epson Stylus Color 600 printer prints fine in XP (previously
used it on a Windows 98SE machine). Problem is that the printer's
Status Monitor, which shows you the remaining ink level, does not
come up. Checked Epson's drivers page and found no XP driver for
this model.

Has anyone found another model driver that would work for the
Stylus Color 600 to get it to show the ink level?

Thanks for any info.

George

P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address is invalid.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 31, 2004 8:12:47 PM

Sounds like a bad or corrupted driver for the Status Monitor. It happended
to me and all I did was uninstalled the printer and reinstalled all drivers
and software. Worked fien after that. Just make sure to use the updated
drivers from Espon.

Chris

"George" <null@null.51> wrote in message
news:o W%Yc.6564$JT3.1592@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My Epson Stylus Color 600 printer prints fine in XP (previously
> used it on a Windows 98SE machine). Problem is that the printer's
> Status Monitor, which shows you the remaining ink level, does not
> come up. Checked Epson's drivers page and found no XP driver for
> this model.
>
> Has anyone found another model driver that would work for the
> Stylus Color 600 to get it to show the ink level?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> George
>
> P.S. Pls. reply in ng; e-mail address is invalid.

August 31, 2004 10:51:38 PM

"George" <null@null.51> wrote in message
news:o W%Yc.6564$JT3.1592@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My Epson Stylus Color 600 printer prints fine in XP (previously
> used it on a Windows 98SE machine). Problem is that the printer's
> Status Monitor, which shows you the remaining ink level, does not
> come up.
You need to install the Status Monitor which is a separate product.
Jim
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
September 2, 2004 1:20:38 PM

This may be a limitation of the XP drivers which MS provides.

This information is not all that critical. The printer will likely
indicate when it "believes" the ink supply is getting short, and even if
it doesn't, replacing and reinitializing the ink flow in the 600 isn't
that difficult once you place a new cartridge in, even if the previous
one ran out of ink.

Art

!