western digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are they
like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?
T.I.A
--
For rent : semi-detatched brain stem, axe required for completion.

http://thrill.to/jockstrap

Philo

"Nitro®" <nitromax@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are
they
> like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?

very good

i got a replacement in about a week or so
no hassles

just go to their website and follow the instructions

"Nitro®" <nitromax@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are
they
> like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?
> T.I.A
> --
> For rent : semi-detatched brain stem, axe required for completion.
>
> http://thrill.to/jockstrap

To answer my own question : So far so good. Contacted them via their website
and received an automated response. Shortly received another personal mail
offering many options. But in the end I had to phone them to arrange an RMA.
This was done without problem in less than 5 minutes. Drive is now on it's
way for replacement.
--
For sale : brain cell , hardly used...offers ?

http://thrill.to/jockstrap

jad

"Have axe, Will travel".

On Tue, 25 May 2004 11:49:57 GMT, "Nitro®" <nitromax@hotmail.com>
wrote:

| Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are they
| like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?
| T.I.A

WD recently replaced a 40GB HD I'd had for quite a while. With a
credit card number, they two-day shipped the replacement and gave me
30 days to get the defective drive to them. No hassles! :)

Larc

madventura

Man you are lucky,

I bought a New Velociraptor on Ebay only 6 months old,
It works perfectly nothing wrong.

I went to the site to update the warrenty and since I dont have a reciept because it was
bought on E Bay. they wont give ema warrenty, even though the drive is only 6 moths old
from the date of production.

Never in my entire life of buying components has a company been so stubborn and unreasonable,
and the ironic thing is i'm not even asking for a replacement.

I won't be buying their products again, and I strongly advise everyone else out there to beware