How to setup Bluetooth Audio Gateway

August 10, 2004 4:55:43 PM

Hi,

I am running Windows XP on my desktop and using a USB
bluetooth dongle to communicate with my PDA. I am
wondering if it is possible to set up my desktop so that I
can us my PDA to listen to the MP3 file from my desktop
through bluetooth connection?

Thanks.
Peter
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 3:12:42 PM

"Peter Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am running Windows XP on my desktop and using a USB
> bluetooth dongle to communicate with my PDA. I am
> wondering if it is possible to set up my desktop so that I
> can us my PDA to listen to the MP3 file from my desktop
> through bluetooth connection?
>
> Thanks.
> Peter

You can if using a network connection (PAN) and playing from the shared
drive. Or if using Windows Media Encoder on the desktop you can connect via
Bluetooth to the network and plug into the stream.

Audio Gateway does not work on Pocket PC.

--
Mauricio Freitas
MS MVP Mobile Devices