Developer's Tools window popup

Cryshal

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I installed Windows 7 a few months ago. I started having problems soon after. One that my son found was when we installed Spy Sweeper. That made it impossible to switch between users, so we uninstalled it. The other major problem has been the Developer's Tools window that pops up when I try to type any reply or information into any program on the internet. I can't get rid of it by hitting the X. After about an hour on the computer, that stops. Does anyone have an idea on what could cause this?

I have only installed necessary programs since the reinstall of Win 7, friday. Until last night when I installed four of my old programs I had used in Win XP with no problems. Jasc Software, Auslogic Disk Defrag, Calendar Pal and Mass Effect 2. I haven't used the disk defrag yet.

Cryshal

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I have solved my problems. I uninstalled SpySweeper, that caused problems because of Avast I had installed. I will use another spyware program that doesn't interfere.

The Developer's Tools isn't popping up, yet. I'm installing programs one at a time and waiting a few days to see if it causes a problem.

So, I'm giving myself the gold cup because no one came up with a viable solution on any computer help site I posted on. :pfff: