is NIC convert D/A

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

It stays digital and, as far as I know, the only analog components/outputs
on a PC are the sound card's audio outs and your video cards VGA output.

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci212660,00.html

> is NIC card convert the binary signals that coming from the computer
> to analoge one so it can be sent thro internet. Or these days
> everything is digital??

Network cards talk in binary (digital) there is no need to convert to
analogue.

A Modem converts Digital to Analogue to sent the signal down a telephone
line.