Jeezuz!

After being asked to look at a pc that belomgs to my GF's
friend, I urge you:

Never , ever, open a box owned by a smoker!

It was just... brown. The MB started out a bright yellow/gold color
(I think judging from the small section I rubbed with a Q-Tip +
alcohol), instead it was as if it had been on a sunbed for
10 years: Looked like Roy Schieder's forehead - deep brown tan.

The fans were sticky as was the goey crud that was sticking to
the leading edges of the blades and was undoubtedly causing
the "wierd noises" that brought about my investigations. The same
gooey crud was sticking on the edges of all air intake routes - this
wan't your standard dust-bunny, this was like glue and dust mixed.

And did I mention the smell? Like a million cigars had been stubbed
out in it: Disgusting.

I closed the box and told my GF that it was just "Plain worn out",
a big lie, but I wouldn't clean up that crock for all the rice wine in
China.

Never again!

Nick.

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Vic. wrote:

> After being asked to look at a pc that belomgs to my GF's
> friend, I urge you:
>
> Never , ever, open a box owned by a smoker!
>
> It was just... brown. The MB started out a bright yellow/gold color
> (I think judging from the small section I rubbed with a Q-Tip +
> alcohol), instead it was as if it had been on a sunbed for
> 10 years: Looked like Roy Schieder's forehead - deep brown tan.
>
> The fans were sticky as was the goey crud that was sticking to
> the leading edges of the blades and was undoubtedly causing
> the "wierd noises" that brought about my investigations. The same
> gooey crud was sticking on the edges of all air intake routes - this
> wan't your standard dust-bunny, this was like glue and dust mixed.
>
> And did I mention the smell? Like a million cigars had been stubbed
> out in it: Disgusting.
>
> I closed the box and told my GF that it was just "Plain worn out",
> a big lie, but I wouldn't clean up that crock for all the rice wine in
> China.
>
> Never again!
>
> Nick.

I once opened a machine that had an unusual aroma and when I looked
inside it was covered in dried coffee. I was amazed it still worked.
When I told the owner, he responded that he was happy with the smell, as
long as the pc worked. He also swore that he never drinks coffee!

--
MCR
MAME - History In The Making

Vic. <nic3958@hotmail.com> said:

> After being asked to look at a pc that belomgs to my GF's
> friend, I urge you:
>
> Never , ever, open a box owned by a smoker!
>
> It was just... brown.

> gooey crud was sticking on the edges of all air intake routes

> And did I mention the smell?

Imagine what her computer must be like ;)

--
Sincerely,
The Vice President