Sync Lotus Notes with Pocket PC

August 10, 2004 7:00:40 PM

I was wondering if any of you sync Lotus Notes with your Pocket PC's? What
software do you recommend? From what I understand, Activesync won't work.

Thanks,
Tom
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 11:11:21 PM

We use Pylon Conduit at work, seems to work OK.

"Tom FitzSimmons" <tdfitzsi@mdanderson.org> wrote in message
> I was wondering if any of you sync Lotus Notes with your Pocket PC's?
What
> software do you recommend? From what I understand, Activesync won't work.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 1:43:30 AM

> I was wondering if any of you sync Lotus Notes with your Pocket PC's?
What
> software do you recommend? From what I understand, Activesync won't work.

Yes you can do, you do need ActiveSync to mange the connection between your
desktop and Pocket PC, but ActiveSync on it's own won't sync Lotus Notes,
however mNotes from Commontime will
http://www.commontime.com/ProductsCadenza.htm

absolutely top notch 100% piece of software.. I bought a Dell Axim X30 high
(WM 20003) a couple of months ago, mNotes was one of the first pieces of
software I loaded, it works a dream, syncs mail, contacts, calendar, etc.
Not had a single problem with it, very stable, it just works. It's
configurable, so for instance I sync my contacts and calendar, but not my
mail, although mail does work a treat. No connection just a happy user.

I've had it sync over USB and more usually Bluetooth, there are other
products out there, this was the first I tried on a recommendation and I
stuck with it, it's got a 30 day trial.
August 11, 2004 12:52:30 PM

"Tom FitzSimmons" <tdfitzsi@mdanderson.org> wrote in

> I was wondering if any of you sync Lotus Notes with your Pocket PC's?
What
> software do you recommend? From what I understand, Activesync won't
work.

> Thanks,
> Tom

To sync Lotus Notes with a PPC you can use Intellisync. But you still
need Activesync to maintain the connection between the two computers.

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 5:34:59 PM

In article <etP35SxfEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, Tom FitzSimmons
<tdfitzsi@mdanderson.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you sync Lotus Notes with your Pocket PC's? What
> software do you recommend? From what I understand, Activesync won't work.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

I will followup recommending mNotes by Commontime. Unbeatable. I use
with my iPaq 1945

--
"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."

- Louis Armstrong
August 14, 2004 2:36:08 PM

I second the recommendation of mNotes by Commontime.

I was using Intellisync and I was satisfied with it, not having used
anything else, until my company migrated to a newer version of Lotus Notes.
Then I ran into all sorts of syncing problems. I contacted Intellisync's
customer support who seemed to have problems understanding the issues I had
and the the advice they provided did not solve the problems. They also
suggested that maybe I should purchase an upgraded version (even though the
one I bought was less than six month old!). At that point I decided to
bail.

Based upon a recommendation of a co-worker, I tried mNotes. It is by far a
better solution for syncing with Lotus Notes than Intellisync. Also, based
upon inquires I made about options, their customer support personnel appear
to be more knowledgeable about their products.

Jim

!