Wre54g Motorola SBG6580

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is does not appear that your Motorola SBG6580 supports WDS protocols. This protocol is required by the WRE54G to work as a range extender.

Info for the protocol can be found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Distribution_System

I have the same issue with the WRE54G and my AT&T Uverse home gateway. No WDS, no extended network.

Sorry. If you aren't trying to extend your network, then clarify what you are trying to do.

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I see! I missed that when I looked earlier. If that is the case, then once you enable WDS in the router, you should just have to configure the WRE54G. Are you using the WRE54G "wizard" app or trying to configure manually? Also, I assume you connecting directly to the WRE54G via a ethernet cable, right?

Last, make sure both your WRE54G and the router are in the same network address range (e.g. 192.168.1.X, note the third octet/number).

Good luck!

slider28

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Yes I using the cable. and i set the network in the same address range. It seems to screw with my Modem, the wireless light flickers on and off and i still cant even log into the linksys. I enablew the wds and put in my MAC address and stil the same...

Is there a BETTER extender than this one?

ChaZ.