Router & MSN Messenger Video Conferencing

stoker001

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2003
This has probably been hack before, but I don't feel like reading 1000 post because the Subjects are all wrong. "I have router problem" "Network problem" These are written under Network? Yes people you all have problems and questions about network, but be more discriptive in your subject heading.

There it's off my chest.
I just finish reading the write-up on the new Router "Linksys' WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router" and I see nowhere where they have tested the thing with real time application. eg; can you use a web cam with the Router, file transfers, etc....? Can you go from computer to computer with ease? Normaly I don't comments on write-up's, as they are usualy good in nature and are of course of personel taste, and I would take what I want out of them. This write-up was different, I had nothing to take out of it except speed upgrades, and security upgrades. I have spent many hour, trying to get my Router to work, only to get fustrated, and finaly returning the Router, because it didn't do what I wanted it to do.

So does this router work using MSN Messenger Video Conferencing on not?

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Basically if you're looking for raw balls-to-the-wall speed there's nothing wireless as good as physical. Plus G is pretty lame in real world applications. Doesn't really approach the claimed speeds. A is the only way to go for speed.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>