install windows xp on a blank hard disk

JB

Is there a way to install Win XP on a blank hard disk if your system
won't boot from CD?

"JB" <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to install Win XP on a blank hard disk if your system
> won't boot from CD?

Boot from floppy and run setup? -Dave

You can download Bill Gates' XP setup disks when you can't get your machine
to start from a CD. It will load CD drivers and then you can run the rest of
the installation from the XP CD. I tried it myself and it works. Makes 6
floppies

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=55820EDB-5039-4955-BCB7-4FED408EA73F

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote in message

> "JB" <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to install Win XP on a blank hard disk if your system
> > won't boot from CD?
>
> Boot from floppy and run setup? -Dave

No.

--
DaveW

In news:m4tvc.33486$pt3.23589@attbi_s03,
DaveW <none@zero.org> typed:
> No.
>

> "JB" <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to install Win XP on a blank hard disk if your system
>> won't boot from CD?

You are *wrong* sir.

....Allen

In article <m4tvc.33486$pt3.23589@attbi_s03>, none@zero.org says...
> No.

Please kindly go away and come back when you've learnt something.

--
Conor

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left.

In article <45ac3713.0406011800.27f5fe02@posting.google.com>,
jbrandonbb@hotmail.com says...
> Is there a way to install Win XP on a blank hard disk if your system
> won't boot from CD?

Boot with any bootable floppy that has CDROM support. www.bootdisk.com
has a good collection. A Win98 startup disk will do.

Also some computers will boot from CDROM butonly when the BIOS setting
for the IDE channel it is on set to auto.