Best low cost Small Form Factor BareBone PC, Shuttle?

Looking to buy 2nd PC. Which is the best low cost Small Form Factor
BareBone PC, Shuttle?
Thanks
Arawak
2 answers Last reply
More about best cost small form factor barebone shuttle

    Arawak wrote:
    > Looking to buy 2nd PC. Which is the best low cost Small Form Factor
    > BareBone PC, Shuttle?
    > Thanks
    > Arawak
    We have several shuttles at the office and most everyone is really
    pleased. I'm planning to build a Soltek system. It's dimensions are
    approximately one inch taller and one inch wider than the Shuttle and
    about 2 inches deeper. But this extra space gives me room for TWO 5.25"
    bays and 2 3.5" bays.

    dick

    "Arawak" <This.Is.A.Fake.address@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Looking to buy 2nd PC. Which is the best low cost Small Form Factor
    > BareBone PC, Shuttle?
    > Thanks
    > Arawak

    The last computer I built was based on the Shuttle SB65G2 but I don't know
    that I'd call it "low cost". By the time you buy an 8X DVD burner, 160gB
    hard drive, 3gHz P4, at least 512mB of memory, and a reasonable video card
    (Asus 9600XT in my case), and a front panel flash reader you are probably
    creeping past the "low cost" point. A Dell or Gateway would certainly be
    cheaper. But overall the computer does work very well, is relatively quiet,
    and takes up very little space. Oh yeah, Shuttle was including a wireless
    network module with the case when I bought mine but since I have a wired
    network it doesn't do me a lot of good.
    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]