Canon i320 Prints Nearly Blank Pages. Ideas?

Hello,

My father has a Canon i320 printer that he barely uses as he doesn't
need to print much. The printer is maybe two years old and if it's
printed 100 pages, that would be alot.

In any event, he went to print something last week and the page came
out with barely any ink on it at all. He said it looks blank unless
you look closely and can see a very faint image in some areas.

He thought he was out of ink, so he went and bought a new cartidge..
no improvement. He isn't nearby so I can't get to the printer itself
and am working with the info he is relaying via phone.

I had him go into maintainence and go a "deep cleaning" and align the
print heads since it asked him too when he put in the new ink.. no
improvement.

Any ideas as to the issue? Could the print heads need replacing? What
else can I have him try?

I would hate to have him replace the heads and discover it isn't right
either. He has tried to print several different things (photos, web
page, word document) with no change.. the printer "thinks" it is
printing properly, but it isn't.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about canon i320 prints blank pages ideas

    Being 2 years old it should not 'normally' need a new printhead. However if
    it has sat for an extended period without use (as your description indicates
    could be the case), then the printhead may in fact be clogged from dried
    ink.

    He can a) replace it, b) try to clean it to get it working again, c) contact
    Canon Support and use this as an opportunity to get a new printer for a 10%
    discount with free shipping under their new Customer Loyalty Program. With
    the new iP1500 costing just $49 (about the price of a new printhead for the
    320), I would go with C. New printer with 1 year warranty shipped to door
    for about $44 !

    "Ryan" <welziak@snet.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > My father has a Canon i320 printer that he barely uses as he doesn't
    > need to print much. The printer is maybe two years old and if it's
    > printed 100 pages, that would be alot.
    >
    > In any event, he went to print something last week and the page came
    > out with barely any ink on it at all. He said it looks blank unless
    > you look closely and can see a very faint image in some areas.
    >
    > He thought he was out of ink, so he went and bought a new cartidge..
    > no improvement. He isn't nearby so I can't get to the printer itself
    > and am working with the info he is relaying via phone.
    >
    > I had him go into maintainence and go a "deep cleaning" and align the
    > print heads since it asked him too when he put in the new ink.. no
    > improvement.
    >
    > Any ideas as to the issue? Could the print heads need replacing? What
    > else can I have him try?
    >
    > I would hate to have him replace the heads and discover it isn't right
    > either. He has tried to print several different things (photos, web
    > page, word document) with no change.. the printer "thinks" it is
    > printing properly, but it isn't.
    >
    > Thanks!

Printers Canon Peripherals Product