monitor won't "turn on"

Came back from dinner last night and my monitor was blank; the on-off
switch has no effect. I could understand malfunction, but not to make
any sound, etc. at all seems strange. Any ideas what this could be?
Not worth fixing unless its just a switch or something small.

Thanks
Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor turn

    Could have powered itself into standby - have you tried pressing the on/off
    button and holding it in for a minute or two?

    "bill" <no_replies@verizon.com> wrote in message
    > Came back from dinner last night and my monitor was blank; the on-off
    > switch has no effect. I could understand malfunction, but not to make
    > any sound, etc. at all seems strange. Any ideas what this could be?
    > Not worth fixing unless its just a switch or something small.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bill

    Power cord get loose and fall out? :)

    bill wrote:

    > Came back from dinner last night and my monitor was blank; the on-off
    > switch has no effect. I could understand malfunction, but not to make
    > any sound, etc. at all seems strange. Any ideas what this could be?
    > Not worth fixing unless its just a switch or something small.

Homebuilt Switch Monitors Systems