Taskbar CPU Temp ???

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2004 1:53:50 PM

I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?

I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
else.

More about : taskbar cpu temp

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2004 6:21:55 PM

Walt wrote:

> I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
> the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?
>
> I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
> have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
> just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
> else.

Set up MBM5 to display the CPU temp in the system tray. You'll see the
number, and you don't even have to know that it does anything else.

-WD
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2004 9:34:59 PM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:21:55 GMT, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

| Walt wrote:
|
| > I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
| > the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?
| >
| > I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
| > have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
| > just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
| > else.
|
| Set up MBM5 to display the CPU temp in the system tray. You'll see the
| number, and you don't even have to know that it does anything else.

SpeedFan can also be easily configured to show only the CPU temp in
the tray, using either a small or a larger font size in your choice of
color. :-)

Larc

June 5, 2004 6:40:49 PM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:53:50 -0400, Walt <NoSpamForWalt@Early.com>
wrote:

>I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
>the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?
>
>I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
>have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
>just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
>else.

MBprobe ...
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

That looks like just what I want, but seems to have
been retired (abandoned) by its author.

To see what I mean, check out its webpage at:
http://mbprobe.livewiredev.com/
and see what the author now titles the webpage. :)

I have come across another program called Hmonitor.
However, it seems to be another "do everything too"
utility, which really puts me back to MBM or SpeedFan.

Spajky wrote:

> MBprobe ...
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
June 7, 2004 7:42:00 PM

I actually have used SpeedFan for years with my old Asus P3F-B
motherboard. It works just great!

However, Asus has gotten real cheap on its latest line of motherboards.
My brand new Asus P4C800-E "Deluxe" doesn't allow controlling the system
or p/s fans because Asus "forgot" to add the required $0.02 buffer chip.
So much for being "Deluxe" !!!

Anyhow, if I can't control the fan speeds anymore, what use is all
that great control code in SpeedFan? :)  All I am left with being
able to do, is simply visually monitor the CPU temp; and that is all
I want to do.

Larc wrote:

> SpeedFan can also be easily configured to show only the CPU temp in
> the tray, using either a small or a larger font size in your choice of
> color. :-)
June 8, 2004 5:00:38 AM

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:36:40 -0400, Walt <NoSpamForWalt@Early.com>
wrote:

>That looks like just what I want, but seems to have
>been retired (abandoned) by its author.

>> MBprobe ...

if you want it, here will I UL it 4 U :
http://users.volja.net/jerman55/MBProbe.exe