Taskbar CPU Temp ???

I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?

I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
else.
6 answers Last reply
More about taskbar temp

    Walt wrote:

    > I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
    > the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?
    >
    > I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
    > have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
    > just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
    > else.

    Set up MBM5 to display the CPU temp in the system tray. You'll see the
    number, and you don't even have to know that it does anything else.

    -WD

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:21:55 GMT, Will Dormann
    <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    | Walt wrote:
    |
    | > I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
    | > the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?
    | >
    | > I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
    | > have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
    | > just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
    | > else.
    |
    | Set up MBM5 to display the CPU temp in the system tray. You'll see the
    | number, and you don't even have to know that it does anything else.

    SpeedFan can also be easily configured to show only the CPU temp in
    the tray, using either a small or a larger font size in your choice of
    color. :-)

    Larc

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:53:50 -0400, Walt <NoSpamForWalt@Early.com>
    wrote:

    >I am looking for a nice, small, utility which will display
    >the CPU's temperature in the taskbar. Does anyone know of one?
    >
    >I know of SpeedFan and MBM, and both will do that, but both
    >have many more other functions too which I don't need. I
    >just want to visually monitor my CPU's temperature and nothing
    >else.

    MBprobe ...
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    That looks like just what I want, but seems to have
    been retired (abandoned) by its author.

    To see what I mean, check out its webpage at:
    http://mbprobe.livewiredev.com/
    and see what the author now titles the webpage. :)

    I have come across another program called Hmonitor.
    However, it seems to be another "do everything too"
    utility, which really puts me back to MBM or SpeedFan.

    Spajky wrote:

    > MBprobe ...

    I actually have used SpeedFan for years with my old Asus P3F-B
    motherboard. It works just great!

    However, Asus has gotten real cheap on its latest line of motherboards.
    My brand new Asus P4C800-E "Deluxe" doesn't allow controlling the system
    or p/s fans because Asus "forgot" to add the required $0.02 buffer chip.
    So much for being "Deluxe" !!!

    Anyhow, if I can't control the fan speeds anymore, what use is all
    that great control code in SpeedFan? :) All I am left with being
    able to do, is simply visually monitor the CPU temp; and that is all
    I want to do.

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:36:40 -0400, Walt <NoSpamForWalt@Early.com>
    wrote:

    >That looks like just what I want, but seems to have
    >been retired (abandoned) by its author.

    >> MBprobe ...

    if you want it, here will I UL it 4 U :
    http://users.volja.net/jerman55/MBProbe.exe
    (will be there 4 next 7 days)
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Homebuilt Taskbar CPUs Temperature Systems