Mobo recommendations ??

poboy

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

I'm looking for a mobo that'll run an Athlon 1.4 Ghz processor and at
least 512 MB of PC133 memory ... it should have integrated LAN, sound,
and video included ... could anyone point me in the direction of such
an animal ?? TIA

"PoBoy" <Steve444@yahoo.com> wrote in message

" I'm looking for a mobo that'll run an Athlon 1.4 Ghz processor and at
least 512 MB of PC133 memory ... it should have integrated LAN, sound, and
video included ... "

Newegg only comes up with the MSI KM2M COMBO-L. It's a MicoATX motherboard,
and only supports 200/266FSB, so doesn't have an exhaustive upgrade
potential. http://snipurl.com/6v06

My advice would be to sell the RAM on eBay, and buy 512MB DDR. That would
give you a larger choice of motherboards to start with. If the Athlon
1.4Ghz is a 100FSB version, then sell that too, as it was the fastest 100FSB
Athlon made and is in demand. You could then invest in a better system with
much more upgrade potential.

"PoBoy" <Steve444@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a mobo that'll run an Athlon 1.4 Ghz processor and at
> least 512 MB of PC133 memory ... it should have integrated LAN, sound,
> and video included ... could anyone point me in the direction of such
> an animal ?? TIA

Most new boards (including the 400FSB nForces) will take 200FSB cpu's, mine
just has a jumper for 200FSB or 'other'

hamman