pc crashes with CD inserted

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Hi.

My homebuilt PC has been working great for about 6 months but recently the
PC is crashing when I insert some CD-Roms. It doesn't happen all the time
but when it does once the CD is recognized the computer freezes and I have
to do a hard reboot using the power button in the back.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, P4 2.4, 1gig memory. My CD-Rom drive is a TDK
but I also have a Sony DVD-RW that also froze my PC. I checked out the
device manager and there is just one question mark under RAID controller.
Any ideas???

Thanks.

jad

burned disks? Your ROM's laser may be going or can't read burned CD's
very well

"Tara" <dahlirious@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> My homebuilt PC has been working great for about 6 months but
recently the
> PC is crashing when I insert some CD-Roms. It doesn't happen all
the time
> but when it does once the CD is recognized the computer freezes and
I have
> to do a hard reboot using the power button in the back.
>
> I'm running Windows XP Pro, P4 2.4, 1gig memory. My CD-Rom drive is
a TDK
> but I also have a Sony DVD-RW that also froze my PC. I checked out
the
> device manager and there is just one question mark under RAID
controller.
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks.

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

"JAD" <Kapasitor@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> burned disks? Your ROM's laser may be going or can't read burned CD's
> very well
>

> "Tara" <dahlirious@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > My homebuilt PC has been working great for about 6 months but
> recently the
> > PC is crashing when I insert some CD-Roms. It doesn't happen all
> the time
> > but when it does once the CD is recognized the computer freezes and
> I have
> > to do a hard reboot using the power button in the back.
> >
> > I'm running Windows XP Pro, P4 2.4, 1gig memory. My CD-Rom drive is
> a TDK
> > but I also have a Sony DVD-RW that also froze my PC. I checked out
> the
> > device manager and there is just one question mark under RAID
> controller.
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > Thanks.

I think the problem is worse than that.

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:46:53 GMT As another one bit the dust "Tara"
<dahlirious@aol.com> wrote :

>Hi.
>
>My homebuilt PC has been working great for about 6 months but recently the
>PC is crashing when I insert some CD-Roms. It doesn't happen all the time
>but when it does once the CD is recognized the computer freezes and I have
>to do a hard reboot using the power button in the back.
>
>I'm running Windows XP Pro, P4 2.4, 1gig memory. My CD-Rom drive is a TDK
>but I also have a Sony DVD-RW that also froze my PC. I checked out the
>device manager and there is just one question mark under RAID controller.
>Any ideas???
>
>Thanks.

Cd's are no more indestructible than floppy disks.Either Cdrom drive
failure.Cd media Failure or motherboard failure or cables :/
Try here tho'
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html

--
Free Windows/PC help,