Woodchuck

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

I have two old motherboards with the above CPU's and wonder what the speed
difference is between them. Is the 200MMX just a P-1? At a guess how much
faster is the 266.

TIA

Woodchuck wrote:

> I have two old motherboards with the above CPU's and wonder what the speed
> difference is between them. Is the 200MMX just a P-1? At a guess how much
> faster is the 266.
>
> TIA

No, a 200MMX is not just a P1. It's inherently faster plus has MMX
instructions.

Comparing a 200MMX to the P-II depends a lot on what the rest of the system
is. Like, does the 200MMX motherboard have L2 cache? How much? What's the
memory on each board: FPM, EDO, or SDRAM?

However, as just a wild stab in the dark, I'd say that the P-II 266 should
typically come out about 60% faster than a 200MMX because of 1) the speed
itself and 2) the faster 512K half core speed cache (vs FSB speed on the
200MMX, assuming it has any).

"Woodchuck" <stv_euroski@yahoo.comXXX> said:

> I have two old motherboards with the above CPU's and wonder what the
> speed difference is between them. Is the 200MMX just a P-1? At a
> guess how much faster is the 266.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/19980416/performance-
01.html#benchmark_results
--