front panel port questions

i am attempting to build my first pc, and before i buy anything i want
to research all the components. i am interested in using this
coolermaster case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-029&depa=1

what i want to know is how exactly the front panel firewire, usb 2.0,
headphone, and microphone jacks hook up to the motherboard? will any
motherboard work? i am interested in using a 3.2 ghz p4 compatible
board...

The first thing of importance is to note on the mb you are considering using
if it has all those front port connectors to support the case. If it doesn't
then you won't be able to use one or more of them (unless you use an add on
PCI card). Many of the mbs made today will have the front USB and audio
connectors, but there are still less that won't have the firewire port
connectors, so check your specs carefully.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

On 4 Jun 2004 20:19:04 -0700, filthyfox_wlm@yahoo.com (William
Mendoza) wrote:

>i am attempting to build my first pc, and before i buy anything i want
>to research all the components. i am interested in using this
>coolermaster case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-029&depa=1
>
>what i want to know is how exactly the front panel firewire, usb 2.0,
>headphone, and microphone jacks hook up to the motherboard? will any
>motherboard work? i am interested in using a 3.2 ghz p4 compatible
>board...

Either they will connect to ports at the rear, of connectors on the
Mobo. At least front panel audio is standard, USB and Firewire may
vary..