Hard drive error! using Win 98 bootdisk will not boot

I was fixing my friends computer, When I was formatng the c: drive and
running the windows set-up, we had power loss. When I reboted, I
can't view my c:. I have been reading for hours trying everything.
When i try to boot from CD I get an error has been detected. Then
after booting with thte boot disk, it said I have NTFS files on the
hard drive. I need to create a ms-dos boot partition...

Can any one help me please??? Nic

==============
More about hard drive error bootdisk boot

    On 6 Jun 2004 16:03:11 -0400 As another one bit the dust
    nicatnite4@cox-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (nicatnite4) wrote :

    >I was fixing my friends computer, When I was formatng the c: drive and
    >running the windows set-up, we had power loss. When I reboted, I
    >can't view my c:. I have been reading for hours trying everything.
    >When i try to boot from CD I get an error has been detected. Then
    >after booting with thte boot disk, it said I have NTFS files on the
    >hard drive. I need to create a ms-dos boot partition...
    >
    >Can any one help me please??? Nic

    Try pulling the power cord out and using the,"Clear Cmos" jumper?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    A Bootdisk for Fat32 or win98 can not read NTFS FILES. What kind of
    file system was on the hard drive?

    You might try downloading on another computer a utility from the drive
    manufacturer to write zeros to the beginning or the entire drive.
    Then you can probably reset the partition and then format. It might
    be you can just delete the partitions and format the drive.

    "Shep©" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > On 6 Jun 2004 16:03:11 -0400 As another one bit the dust
    > nicatnite4@cox-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (nicatnite4) wrote :
    >
    > >I was fixing my friends computer, When I was formatng the c: drive and
    > >running the windows set-up, we had power loss. When I reboted, I
    > >can't view my c:. I have been reading for hours trying everything.
    > >When i try to boot from CD I get an error has been detected. Then
    > >after booting with thte boot disk, it said I have NTFS files on the
    > >hard drive. I need to create a ms-dos boot partition...
    > >
    > >Can any one help me please??? Nic
    >
    > Try pulling the power cord out and using the,"Clear Cmos" jumper?
    >

    > --
    > Free Windows/PC help,
    > email shepATpartyheld.de
    > Free songs to download and,"BURN" :O)
    > http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/nomessiahsmusic.htm

    Boot from Floppy drive and Fdisk the c: drive, delete any partitions that
    are there and create a new primary partition

    Restart the computer, boot from floppy again and format the c: drive.
    Then when you try and boot from cd should be ok

    Pete

Homebuilt Hardware Boot Hard Drives Systems