which number typically precedes system board error codes

As the subject says, trying to find this answer for an exam but not having
much luck, from what I have found out I think it's 1.

PT

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:11:53 +0100, Paul Trimble wrote:

> As the subject says, trying to find this answer for an exam but not having
> much luck, from what I have found out I think it's 1.

What system board? Using what checking tool, etc, etc. As stated, there
is no answer. Most system boards don't give numbers, only beeps, if you're
talking about x86 mainboards. There are a few that have readouts, but not
many. The numbers could be different from one to another.

If you are referring to the old original IBM PC POST (power on self test)
error codes, they can be found here

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4BAHK2

Yes the 1xx series refers to the system board.