What kind of hard drive should I get?

I'm looking for a hard drive with lots of space (upwards of 80 gig) but I'd
like to keep the cost down, so it would have to be relatively inexpensive.

You can get 80gb+ Diamond Maxtor drives from places like novatech.co.uk for
under £60 these days - they are generally well thought of drives.

"stevemnd" <stevemnd@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a hard drive with lots of space (upwards of 80 gig) but
I'd
> like to keep the cost down, so it would have to be relatively inexpensive.

"stevemnd" <stevemnd@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a hard drive with lots of space (upwards of 80 gig) but
I'd
> like to keep the cost down, so it would have to be relatively inexpensive.

Dont pay the extra for SATA, it does nothing.

I recommend the Maxtor DiamondMax Range, very affordable these days.

hamman

"stevemnd" <stevemnd@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a hard drive with lots of space (upwards of 80 gig) but
I'd
> like to keep the cost down, so it would have to be relatively inexpensive.
Agree go with the maxtor Diamond max range, make sure you are buying the 8Mb
cache models, I have 4 and they are great
regards
Freddie