Question about reinstalling XP with multiple partitions

I am considering upgrading my PC to a new processor and motherboard. I want
to do a clean install of XP and programs. I have 3 partitions on my hard
drive. C: for XP and programs, D: for data and settings (desktop,
favorites, etc.), and E: for miscellaneous use.

Assuming I move / copy everything I want to save from the C: partition, can
I during the install process simply reformat only the C: drive and leave all
of my other data intact on the other partitions, or do I risk losing that
information on the other partitions too?

Thanks.

> ... simply reformat only the C: drive and leave all
> of my other data intact on the other partitions, or do I risk losing that
> information on the other partitions too?

You can reformat the C drive by itself.

Your other two partitions will not be touched.

Format away!

Alby