MCP-T temperature

If anyone has a nForce 2 Ultra (specifically a DFI infinity board), could
they please post the operating temperature of the SOUTHBRIDGE.

Mine's reported by my fan controller at 45+ degrees and that seems too hot
to me, considering it already has a heatsink on it.

Thanks,

Hamman
1 answer Last reply
More about temperature

    "Frank" <Frankheon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have an AN7 from abit, and it also runs hot to the point I can't touch
    it
    > for more than 5-10 seconds. However, I use all the intergrated fuctions
    > (sound, lan, firewire) which might explain the high temp. When I'm not
    using
    > any of the southbridge fucntions, the temp seems pretty good. Only warm to
    > the touch.
    > I used to have a multimeter with temp reading and it recorded my
    southbridge
    > at 45C also a while back.
    > hope this helps

    Thanks to both who responded. I'm using all the onboard devices too.

    Looks like its time to thermal epoxy a better hetsink to it.

    Hamman

Homebuilt Temperature Systems