MCP-T temperature

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2004 11:23:53 PM

If anyone has a nForce 2 Ultra (specifically a DFI infinity board), could
they please post the operating temperature of the SOUTHBRIDGE.

Mine's reported by my fan controller at 45+ degrees and that seems too hot
to me, considering it already has a heatsink on it.

Thanks,

Hamman

More about : mcp temperature

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2004 3:23:21 PM

"Frank" <Frankheon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an AN7 from abit, and it also runs hot to the point I can't touch
it
> for more than 5-10 seconds. However, I use all the intergrated fuctions
> (sound, lan, firewire) which might explain the high temp. When I'm not
using
> any of the southbridge fucntions, the temp seems pretty good. Only warm to
> the touch.
> I used to have a multimeter with temp reading and it recorded my
southbridge
> at 45C also a while back.
> hope this helps

Thanks to both who responded. I'm using all the onboard devices too.

Looks like its time to thermal epoxy a better hetsink to it.

Hamman
!