HP deskjet 720C, help!!

troopr

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2001
HP deskjet 720C purchased in 1998 and worked fine. Purchased new computer in sept. 2001 and hooked up the 720C to it, worked fine for 3 months even on the original drivers and software that came with the printer in 1998. THEN...last week the computer lost communication with the printer. I've troubleshooted and reviewed all the help files to no avail. The computer cant comminicate with the printer. the printr is on LPT1. No other printers on this system, no network card installed either.

I was thinking of uninstalling the drivers and doing a clean re-install however...i dont know how to delete teh old drivers or even know where to find them. Can some tell me how to fix this problem with my printer? If not, can some tell me where to locate my printer drivers and how to delete them??

Thanx in advance

Joe

G

I ran across a 930 series that quit working much like your 720. After trying a new cable, another printer, removing hp drivers and trying to reinstall. Setup could not find the printer port. A Quick check in the bios found the port set to SPP. I reset it to ECP+EPP, saved the changes and on reboot It found the new port. Installed software and printer worked fine. I really don't know if a HP will work on and SSP port, I've always set the port to ECP+EPP.

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
re: The drivers: It sounds as if you have an early driver revision (10.0 or 10.1) If this is the case you'll need the driver disk that you used to install the drivers in order to uninstall them. Use the latest driver from HP (10.3 I believe) when you re-install them and you won't have that problem again.

- JW